[Mailman-Users] exim 3.22 & mailman 2.08

Alan Mizrahi alan at cesma.usb.ve
Wed Mar 13 03:27:37 CET 2002

Hello, I have problems with exim 3.22 and mailman 2.08.
I installed everything, and created a list, when I subscribe to the list I
get a mail asking to confirm, I send the confirmation but my
confirmation is ignored (and the list is always empty).

I read the exim & mailman HOWTO, but the problem is that I have to configure
mailman using --prefix=/serv/www/mailman and
--with-var-prefix=/var/mail/mailman, this is the command line:
./configure --prefix=/serv/www/mailman --with-var-prefix=/var/mail/mailman
--with-mail-uid=mailman --with-gid=daemon --with-cgi-gid=nobody

I think the problem is with my list_request_transport, but I couldn't find
the problem (keep reading).

This is what I added to my exim configuration file for mailman:

# Main config section:
MAILMAN_HOME=/serv/www/mailman
MAILMAN_VAR=/var/mail/mailman
MAILMAN_WRAP=MAILMAN_HOME/mail/wrapper
MAILMAN_UID=mailman
MAILMAN_GID=daemon
#Transport section:
list_transport:
           driver = pipe
           command = MAILMAN_WRAP post ${lc:$local_part}
           current_directory = MAILMAN_HOME
           home_directory = MAILMAN_HOME
           user = MAILMAN_UID
           group = MAILMAN_GID

list_request_transport:
           driver = pipe
           command = MAILMAN_WRAP mailcmd ${lc:$local_part}
# The following is a fake mailman_wrapper, so I could know that it really
# gets executed when receiving subscription confirmation, and it executed
# with parameters: mailcmd <listname>
# But nothing happens afterwards
#       command = /var/tmp/mailman_wrapper mailcmd ${lc:$local_part}
           current_directory = MAILMAN_HOME
           home_directory = MAILMAN_HOME
           user = MAILMAN_UID
           group = MAILMAN_GID

list_admin_transport:
           driver = pipe
           command = MAILMAN_WRAP mailowner ${lc:$local_part}
           current_directory = MAILMAN_HOME
           home_directory = MAILMAN_HOME
           user = MAILMAN_UID
           group = MAILMAN_GID
# Directors:
list_admin_director:
   driver = smartuser
   suffix = -admin
   require_files = MAILMAN_VAR/lists/${lc:$local_part}/config.db
   transport = list_admin_transport

list_request_director:
   driver = smartuser
   suffix = -request
   require_files = MAILMAN_VAR/lists/${lc:$local_part}/config.db
   transport = list_request_transport

list_director:
   driver = smartuser
   require_files = MAILMAN_VAR/lists/${lc:$local_part}/config.db
   transport = list_transport

Can anybody help me please?
Thanks in advance.

			Alan Mizrahi