[Mailman-Users] auto approve

Jon Abela 9jda2 at qlink.queensu.ca
Wed Mar 13 23:24:19 CET 2002

Hi guys, I guess you could say I'm somewhat new to Mailman.
My problem is that I'm running 4 mailing lists, which are under an umbrella
list.
What I need, is for emails that are approved from the umbrella list to be
automatically approved by the children lists under it.
ie.  Any email forwarded from the umbrella list (umbrella at thisplace.com) is
automatically sent to the subscribers of the children lists.

Now I've tried putting the umbrella list in the field that auto approves
emails:
"Addresses of members accepted for posting to this list without implicit
approval requirement. (See "Restrict ... to list members" for whether or not
this is in addition to allowing posting by list members"
but it doesn't work..
ie. I put umbrella at thisplace.com in that field. And it won't approve emails
that come from the umbrella list.

As it is now... I have to approve emails sent to the umbrella list, and then
approve them again for each of the child lists.
If anyone can provide any help it would be greatly appreciated.
Oh yea, I'm using Mailman 2.0.8
THANKS!
~Jon

Jonathan Abela