[Mailman-Users] 2 questions

CJ Rhoads CJRhoads at ETMAssociates.com
Sun Mar 31 16:13:28 CEST 2002

First off, I'd like to thank you heartily for the work that you (and other,
I assume) have done on Mailman.  It is wonderful.

I noticed on the wish list a couple of things that I had hoped Mailman can
do.  I'd like to verify that the current version cannot do these things and
find out if there is a workaround.  Alternatively, perhaps I misunderstood
and simply need to know what I need to do in order to accomplish my
objectives.

1.  I want my subscribers to be able to subscribe with an email so I can
ask them for their email and have my web page automatically subscribe them
(after replying to a confirmation email, of course.  Just like Yahoo groups
works).

2.  I want to be able to suppress all the long headers sent out in the
messages.  Most of my subscribers are totally computer illiterate and that
long page of addresses and useful information will just confuse the heck
out of them.  I wouldn't mind having it at the bottom, but currently they
have to scroll to see the actual message - which is not optimum.

Can you help?

Thanks
CJ Rhoads
taijiquanclub.com

484-332-3331

ETM Associates, PO Box 564, Douglassville, PA 19518-0564
484-332-3331

www.ETMAssociates.com