[Mailman-Users] getting admin pages with python

Barry A. Warsaw barry at zope.com
Thu May 2 05:35:47 CEST 2002

    RB> Unfortunately it seems that while urllib can manage http
    RB> authentification just fine mailman requires cookies etc.

    RB> Is there a neat way to use python to provide the correct
    RB> behaviour?

Robin,

While I haven't had time to look at it at all, I saw recently on
comp.lang.python.announce a package called ClientCookie.  The
Cookie.py that comes with Python is really for managing cookies on the
server side, which doesn't help you much (although it makes my life a
lot easier :).

ClientCookie looks like it'll probably make possible interacting with
web pages that depend on cookies, via scripts on the client side.
Check out the news group or the python-announce-list archives.

-Barry