[Mailman-Users] Membership management functionality

BHaer at aol.com BHaer at aol.com
Sat May 4 15:04:50 CEST 2002

We use mailman for mailing to our scout troop, and it solves a lot of
problems for us.

We do have one problem, however, - keeping track of what member (his real
name) has what e-mail address. As most of them are kids, they pick totally
non-identifiable 'handles'  rather that some recognizable variation on name.

I tried to enter an e-mail address with a name in brackets behind it, but
mailman strips that when it creates the list, so noi luck there. If you
allowed the appended bracketed name (or any other text string) in the list,
that would be a huge help.

Is there any way to accomplish what I am trying to do?

Bard Haerland
Assistant Scoutmaster
Troop Devon 50
www.devon50.org