[Mailman-Users] pending users

Ashley M. Kirchner ashley at pcraft.com
Wed May 15 01:31:10 CEST 2002

vodka at intoxicate.us wrote:

> May 14 17:00:01 2002 gate_news(27538): IOError :  [Errno 13] Permission
> denied: '/home/mailman/lists/testlist/config.db'
>
> % ls -la /home/mailman/lists/testlist/config.db
> -rw-rw----  1 nobody  mailman  2853 May 14 16:44
> /home/mailman/lists/testlist/config.db

> > be a permissions problem, because when I do chmod -R a+rwx
> > /home/mailman the pending status turns into "new" in the subscribe log,
> > and users get their welcome email.  But when I do that, everything
> > breaks and mailman says it encountered a bug.

    - You shouldn't be chmodding things +rwx...
    - Your permissions are wrong from what these errors tell me.  Either your
crontask runs as a completely different user than what your directories are
owned by, or mailman itself can't write in those directories...a whole bunch of
things could be wrong here.

--
W | I haven't lost my mind; it's backed up on tape somewhere.