[Mailman-Users] User List

Jörn Nettingsmeier nettings at folkwang-hochschule.de
Thu May 16 16:17:21 CEST 2002

"AerosmithFanClub.com List Admin" wrote:

> At 12:35 AM 5/16/2002 -0700, you wrote:
>  >On Thu, May 16, 2002 at 03:25:53AM -0400, AerosmithFanClub.com List Admin
>  >wrote:
>  >> Does not work in a shared environment.  PERMISSION DENIED every time!
>  >
>  >Uh?
>  >You gotta be part of the group mailman to have permissions on the db.
>
> Damn this really sucks.  I imagine this software just was not designed to
> run in a shared environment.

permissions are a basic requirement for shared environments. you
obviously don't know what you are talking about. the problem is: you
talk loudly.
please try to understand the basic principles of open-source software
(and while you're at it, there is a good howto by eric raymond on how to
ask intelligent questions, you might want to digest that too) before you
post again to this list.
then try to get a clue about the fact that your way to use mailing lists
is not the only way in this solar system. more precisely, yours is in
fact a very special, rather limited usage of mailing lists, which is why
you don't understand what most of mailman's features are about.

stop being obnoxious to people who donate software to you. get yourself
out of bed, learn python and contribute. or buy some guy that will
spoon-feed you the basics and whine to him.

in the mean time, welcome to yet another killfile.

jörn