[Mailman-Users] 2.1b perms

Barry A. Warsaw barry at zope.com
Fri May 17 23:18:17 CEST 2002

    KC> Hello, what should be permissions on data/aliases and
    KC> data/aliases.db Unless I set the user to mailman and the group
    KC> to postfix - nothing works - those set it does... but is that
    KC> right?

Basically, yes.  Postfix executes the mail programs with the uid of
the owner of the data/aliases.db file, so that file must be owned by
mailman.  I think the group is less important, but probably should be
mailman too.  As for the data/aliases file, I don't think the
ownership matters much, but it should be group owned by mailman.

-Barry