[Mailman-Users] MySQL database?

Timothy Murphy tim at maths.tcd.ie
Sat May 18 16:44:34 CEST 2002

On Thu, May 16, 2002 at 07:23:31PM -0700, J C Lawrence wrote:

> > 2) using MySQL or data from MySQL to include in the mail list.
>
> Not really possible in 2.0, easier but not done yet in 2.1.  You end up
> doing tricks with ~mailman/bin/add_members until then.

Any reference to these "tricks"?

I'm interested in what may be a slightly different question:
Is there any official way of maintaining a "master" list, perhaps in XML,
so the new user is asked to give some information, eg full name,
which is then kept (somewhere) with the email address?

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: tim at maths.tcd.ie
tel: 086-233 6090