[Mailman-Users] Migration from YahooGroups

Scott Courtney courtney at 4th.com
Fri May 31 05:22:15 CEST 2002

On Thursday 30 May 2002 05:01 pm, Joe Stewart wrote:
> Googled:  http://www.lpthe.jussieu.fr/~zeitlin/yahoo2mbox.html
>
> I've used this to move a few lists OK.

Joe,

Excellent utility! As I write this, it is happily downloading all 634 messages
from one of my groups. I had it up and running in five minutes after the
download.

By the way, Gary McClellan responded to me off-list, with some fine suggestions
for migrating the subscriber lists. Gary, I'm not posting your note here since
I forgot to ask your permission when I wrote back to you, but if you read this,
please consider doing so as it might have value for others as part of the list
archive. Gary's suggestion for handling the archive wasn't specifically what
I needed, but I wanted to thank him here for the subscriber migration hints,
which are quite useful to me.

To Joe and Gary, thanks. I consider this problem solved, thanks to you. :-)

Scott

--
Scott Courtney         | "I don't mind Microsoft making money. I mind them