[Mailman-Users] Re: namespace per virtual possible?

Tom Whiting wolf at wolfstream.net
Sat Nov 2 16:58:33 CET 2002

> What I would like is a proper way to handle virtual domains in the next
> release of Mailman!
>
> Paul
So, get to work and start coding. I find it amusing the amount of people that
want this and want that and would like this and would like that, but really,
know nothing about how to do it. But ooooh, if their features aren't
instituted right away (and the way they want them to be), they throw a big ol
cow.

I'm not saying that this is the case here, but if you want to see something
done, then write up a patch, a snippet and have at it. Mailman should be a
decent base to work from, but you have to configure some stuff yourself
(welcome to the world of open source).

I'm not sure what you mean by "proper" virtual domain handling here. In the
latest betas however, it IS possible to create multiple domain'ed lists off
of one simple server without having multiple installs of mailman.

Remember, as well, that YOUR version of proper may not = MY version of proper,
or the next linux tech's version of proper, so the ONLY way to get things
100% the way YOU want them to be is to create it yourself, or modify the
existing base (which is absolutely great mind you).