[Mailman-Users] python 2.0 -> 2.2 upgrade?

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Mon Nov 4 19:12:08 CET 2002

Not confusing at all!

Mailman should work after the Python upgrade, but you will still want to
re-install it.

I've done something similar.  Mailman worked fine after the upgrade but
my log files filled up fast with Warnings.  After re-installing Mailman
(about a two minute job) all the Warnings went away.  Without the
re-install you will get a lot of deprecation warnings in your log files
and I mean *a lot!*

If you installed Mailman from Source and still have it setting around,
then after the upgrade simply run the same "./configure ..." command and
then the "make install" command. Your lists and their configurations
will be untouched, but the Python calls made by Mailman will be more
current.

Of course, if you are going to that trouble, you might as well download
the latest Source for 2.0.13 and then simply run the same ./configure
command, etc...

That way you'll up-to-date and ready for the new 2.1 whenever you feel
comfortable.

Good Luck!