[Mailman-Users] !Help with Configure

David Carter-Tod wccartd at wcc.vccs.edu
Tue Nov 5 16:26:33 CET 2002

At 06:43 AM 11/5/2002 -0500, "Mike Ingram" <ingram_michael at attbi.com> wrote:
>I want only one of the members of this list to be able to send to the list
>without being moderated.
>I want all other members restricted from posting, or if that is not
>possible I want all of the other members' posts to require administrative
>approval.
>
>I have followed (I think) the instructions to do this (although I don't
>see a way to prevent posting of specific members entirely).  I suspect I
>am just getting bleary eyed and missing something obvious.

Depends on the version, but you're basically looking for a newsletter-style
list:
http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq03.011.htp

In 2.1b you'll probably need to auto-discard postings by moderated members.

Relatedly, what I'd like to know is if there is a command-line way to set a
certain member to be non-moderated, or alternatively to allow a certain
non-subscribed address to post (again via the command line).

David
--
David Carter-Tod
<wccartd at wcc.vccs.edu>

Instructional Technologist/Distance Education Contact
Wytheville Community College, 1000 E. Main St.,
Wytheville, VA 24382
(wk) 276-223-4784
http://www.wcc.vccs.edu/

Online certificate in web site design: