[Mailman-Users] Removing messages unread

Timothy Murphy tim at birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie
Thu Nov 7 01:04:31 CET 2002

I have a fast number of messages in various mailman lists I run,
virtually all of them spam.
I now run SpamAssassin on the lists, so hope this is over.

But now I would like to remove all old, unread messages
from these lists.

I looked this up in the FAQ,
and found an item (1.12) which seemed to address this problem;
but unfortunately I did not understand the first step:

1) Delete all current requests for the list using the web Admin.
This will make the file request.db empty for that list.

What exactly is the "web Admin"?
Does it mean I have to go through all 1000 messages on the web?.

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: tim at birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie
tel: 00353-86-233 6090