[Mailman-Users] Switch to quarterly reminders

Chuq Von Rospach chuqui at plaidworks.com
Fri Nov 8 19:44:35 CET 2002

>> Please consider switching the base code of mailman to send quarterly
>> instead
>> of monthly 'reminders' to subscribers.  As an avid subscriber of
>> lists, it's
>> annoying to get these messages every month, when every 3 or 6 months
>> would
>> suffice.
>
> You can change the cron setting.

I think he's saying that the default for mailman ought to be quarterly,
and I got the impression he was speaking as a user, not an admin --
someone who GETS all of those messages every month.

Monthly is traditional, but I think it's worthy of some thought. With
the List-* headers in the message, and the footer that traditionally
points to the info pages (and with 2.1, that can be customized to the
user), do we still need to send out reminders monthly?

--
Chuq Von Rospach, Architech
chuqui at plaidworks.com -- http://www.plaidworks.com/chuqui/blog/

Stress is when you wake up screaming and you realize you haven't fallen
asleep yet.