[Mailman-Users] Help with sendmail & mailman config

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Sat Nov 9 02:11:40 CET 2002

Are you sure your tcp stack is loaded and running properly.  I believe
that "61 Connection refused" is a problem communicating with your IP
stack (and not the MTA). Could your server be under load, or the IP
stack be flooded with requests?

If all that is fine then be sure that you have su'ed as user mailman
before doing any testing (like telnet 172.0.0.1 25).

This should check your local firewall to make sure that you allow
connections on port 25 from all interfaces including 127.0.0.1, and it
should check that your MTA is listening on the localhost interface.

Check your /etc/mail/access file and make sure that localhost and
127.0.0.1 are setup to allow relaying. Your machine probably has a name,
add that name to the access file and set it to allow relaying.

Good Luck -- Jon Carnes