[Mailman-Users] Fwd: no mail out to lists

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Tue Nov 12 19:43:01 CET 2002

On Mon, 2002-11-11 at 17:31, peter schoch wrote:
> 8.  checked all the logs and no erors.  maillog shows that the mail is sent.
>  No bounces in that log.  smtp-failure shows the users sending mail but
>  appends (ignore) after each of them.

What do the logs and the times of the entries in your MTA show.  Is it
passing the mail into the mailman alias properly?  Check the time.
Now check the Mailman logs and when it shows the message accepted for
posting.  The time should be very close to the MTA's time.
Now back to the MTA, does it show the message going out to the folks on
the list?

What are you using as your MTA?

> Now, here's the weird part.  The lists started to spontaneously work last Friday.  A user subscribed, and had forgotten to turn off their "out-of-office" auto-reply.  So, they "spammed" the list and it started to work, but not the digest options.  This lasted until Saturday evening (the "spam" ended at 4 pm Friday when I unsubscribed them).  Then the lists stopped working again.  As a test I tried "spamming" the test list the instructions have us set up.  This time it took appoximately 100 messages before anything started, and it only lasted for a few hours.  Again, no que files and while messages came out the digest options did not work.

Hmmm, that sounds suspiciously like a Digest Trigger (How big in Kb
should a digest be before it gets sent out?)

In the web admin, is the first option marked as "Yes" (Can subscribers
choose to receive mail immediately, rather than in batched digests?)