[Mailman-Users] Pay per list?

bronto bronto at csd-bes.net
Wed Nov 13 03:03:23 CET 2002

I just got an interesting telephone call from the brother of a client
of mine; he works for a large company, a name most of you would
recognize, and is dissatisfied with the "blast" emailing services
being provided to them by their current host.  He's asking for a
quote from me, and I've got no idea where to start.

I usually do hosting for small businesses, and some of them want
discussion lists, and I use them myself.  That's what I have mailman
for.  It working so well is probably what got me this referral.

He says they send out one or two messages per week, to a list of
between 10-15,000 subscribers.

My mail server is a beige G3 Mac running YellowDog Linux, with
Postfix and mailman.

What say you?

TIA

Rob