[Mailman-Users] Re: installation question.

Will Yardley william+mm at hq.newdream.net
Sat Nov 16 21:28:30 CET 2002

Yogesh Chaudhary wrote:

> I want to install mailman on a netApp filer disk space using NFS and
> be able to use it with a mail server( linux machine). Is it posible to
> do it ?  how do I do that.

I believe it should work; however you want to make sure that file
locking is working properly. There are some kernel patches (I'm not sure
which ones) that we use to get locking to work; there are still
occasional problems, but for the most part things work well.

I've run mailman over NFS with a way cheaper (and suckier) NAS than the
NetApps and it works OK there too.

--
Will Yardley
input: william < @ hq . newdream . net . >