[Mailman-Users] Wish: Spam by vacation notifications in Mailman

Mike Burton mburton at jo.birdsense.com
Sat Nov 16 16:20:41 CET 2002

At 09:46 AM 11/15/2002, chuqui at plaidworks.com wrote:

>On Friday, November 15, 2002, at 04:09  AM, Richard Lippmann wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>we use Mailman and we like it! But there is a problem in people who are
>>in our open maillists. They go for vacation and put some kind of agent in
>>their mailbox who answers every e-mail.
>
>If you don't set your reply-to to the list, you won't set up your lists to
>ask for these wonderful little mailbombs.

If this were the case, wouldn't the originator of the message receive these
instead?  Might that not cause some confusion since that person did not
send a mail directly to the person with the autoreply setup?  Just thinking
out loud.  I haven't had a problem with autoreplies on any of my lists (yet).

Take care,
Mike