[Mailman-Users] New apache is causing my mailman to fail...

Ashley M. Kirchner ashley at pcraft.com
Thu Nov 21 20:50:38 CET 2002

Steve Rifkin wrote:

> admin(8622): ImportError: ld.so.1: /usr/local/bin/python: fatal:
> /usr/local/ssl/lib/libssl.so.0.9.6: bad ELF flags value: 768

    My guess would be that you compiled python yourself, against the old version
of openssl.  now that you've upgraded openssl, python doesn't work because it
can't find the old openssl.  Or at least, the library isn't the same.  If you
tried running python by itself (just type in /usr/local/bin/python), you may find
that it won't work either.  You'll have to recompile python again.

--
W | I haven't lost my mind; it's backed up on tape somewhere.