[Mailman-Users] Announce only list

Jeff Garvas jeff at cia.net
Fri Nov 22 16:14:10 CET 2002

David,

I run an "announce only" list.

Its really easy.  You tell people its announcements only, no posts, and
you put it into moderated mode.  I even approve the announcement posts
instead of telling mailman to "let them through" to prevent someone from
trying to fake the sender.

I made a small hack to mailman (nobody considered it a bug, I did) so if
a non-member posts to a moderated list it bounces the message into the
approval queue and says "Post by a non-member" instead of "Post to a
moderated list"

Just because a moderated list is moderated doesn't mean you want to
let non-members post, but thats not relevent to your project.

Just setup your list as moderated and tell people its an announcement only
list.

-jeff