[Mailman-Users] Announce-only lists?

Dan Richter daniel.richter at wimba.com
Wed Nov 27 09:49:23 CET 2002

> > Because faking the 'From' header is easy.

You could write a program that reads standard input, removes the From
address and the Received lines, then forwards the mail to the list
addresses using the list From address. Hook the program up to a secret
e-mail address. It should be just as secure as an approval password.

By the way, this interests me, too. I'm not worried about spam; I'm worried
about jerks sending e-mail to the announce list just because they can (to
show how smart they are, etc.). There are a lot of people like that, you know.

========== Dan Richter ============== mailto:Dan at wimba.com ===========
     People say I am ruthless. I am not ruthless. And if I find
     the man who is calling me ruthless, I shall destroy him.
          - Robert Kenedy, campaigning for Senate in 1964