[Mailman-Users] qrunner problems

Richard Barrett R.Barrett at ftel.co.uk
Thu Nov 28 13:08:58 CET 2002

At 00:26 28/11/2002, fish wrote:
>I am still have the authentication problems with qrunner and, since nobody
>seems to know what the problem is or how to fix it, thought that I would ask
>what exactly does qrunner do? I can tell that the cron.d/mailman script is
>calling /usr/lib/mailman/cron/qrunner, but what does this script do?

MM processes incoming mail in several stages.

The Python scripts in $prefix//scripts are called by your Mail Transfer
program to accept incoming posts. The scripts take the incoming mail and
enqueue it (on MM 2.0.13 in the qfiles directory). The qrunner from
$prefix/cron, as is implied by its name, is executed frequently and takes
mail from the input queue, processes it, and sends out the resulting mail
to the list members etc.

If the qrunner is not working right then Mailman will not do its job.

Sorry I cannot help with your base problem but I use neither debian nor
exim and you need help not guesses.