[Mailman-Users] Is Mailman right for my needs?

Sherry Berne Wallack swallack at optonline.net
Wed Nov 27 22:47:12 CET 2002

Hello Mailman users.

I am a Mac G3 user running OS 9.2.2 and Outlook Express which is too limited
for my needs, as follows.
Can anyone tell me if this is right for me?  Hostway is hosting my domain
name and email accounts.

Thank you,
Sherry

FIRST, DOES MAILMAN RUN ON OS9.2...or just OSX?

1. I have a graphics rich .html email (no flash-nothing active) residing on
my hard drive. I want to import it into the email box.
Can be done with Mailman, easily? If it helps, I could place it on the
server.

2. I'd like to be able to add a personal message above this graphic, like:
Dear John, It was nice to meet you at the trade show. Here is my info below.
Sincerely.....

3. I must be able to send to a group, as BCC: or other means so no one sees
other names.

4. Maximum file size to send and receive?

5. Can I import a database of names and addresses into Mailman from another
program and export the Mailman database to others?
Which others will work with Mailman? Outlook? Palm? Excel?  Currently, my
lists only exist in Excel, as .csv files. It would be nice to make sales
notes in these lists which I am using for prospecting.

6. What is the latest version and upgrades that I will need, of Mailman, for
my system?

7. Can I ever speak with a tech support person at Mailman? Is there paid
support?