[Mailman-Users] "Operation not permitted" when updating aliases in Postfix.py

Sergey A Lipnevich sergeyli at pisem.net
Tue Oct 1 00:42:45 CEST 2002

Hi,

My mailman installation is mostly doing fine, but every time I create a
new list, I hit an error while performing os.system(update aliases db)
in Postfix.py. I'm not running a secure kernel. I  fact, when I do:

su - mailman
python -c 'import os; print os.system("<skipped>/postalias
<skipped>/mailman/data/aliases");'

I get "0" (zero character) in the output, which means it's OK (?). How
come it can't run when a web interface is used? Naturally, my Apache is
not running under mailman's uid.
Thank you!

Sergey,
Source Mage GNU/Linux,