[Mailman-Users] cron errors, no archiving, v2.1b3

bronto bronto at csd-bes.net
Tue Oct 1 01:48:54 CEST 2002

I posted a question regarding error messages last week while I was
still running 2.1b2.  I have just upgraded to v2.1b3 after being
chastised for being tardy with updating. :')

Now back to the questions - I have more info.  Here's what I posted
last week (the 23rd):

"I'm running Mailamn v2.1b2, and just got these errors sent to my email:

Subject: Cron <mailman at g3> /usr/bin/python2 -S
/usr/local/mailman/cron/gate_news

Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/usr/local/mailman/cron/gate_news", line 44, in ?
     from Mailman import MailList
ValueError: bad marshal data

/usr/local/mailman/cron/gate_news

Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/usr/local/mailman/cron/gate_news", line 44, in ?
     from Mailman import MailList
   File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 65, in ?
     from Mailman.OldStyleMemberships import OldStyleMemberships
ValueError: bad marshal data

hadn't noticed any problems.  While doing my mailman update, I
discovered that no messages have been archived since the 23rd when I
got the above errors.  Snooping around the mailman directories, I see
a ton of files (several hundred) in the qfiles/shunt directory, dated
since 9/23.  There are also a few dozen from 7/2, FWIW.  I'm betting
this isn't a coincidence, but know nothing more than that.

What now?

TIA

Rob