[Mailman-Users] HELP!

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Thu Oct 3 23:49:43 CEST 2002

If I understand what you are asking, then this is no problem... *You
want a list called "Faculty at ucla.edu" that contains individual email
addresses. Then you want to use this email address in other lists.*

This works fine.  The list can be setup as a standard mailing alias or
as a mailman list. If you want to limit use of the email address and you
want to intercept Mailman administration notes for the list, then you
should setup the list as a Mailman list - or front end the list with a
procmail script. Either of these will let you check various properties
of the header and dump email that is inappropriate.

Then when you have faculty that change their email addresses you can
simply change the address in one location.

Another solution to this is use some simple command line scripts to
manage your lists. That would give you one stop-shopping for making
changes to existing lists.

If the above does not help - can you be more specific as to what you
need?  Perhaps provide a small example?

Take care - Jon Carnes
===