[Mailman-Users] batch updates to mail lists?

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Fri Oct 4 00:00:53 CEST 2002

Yes.  I've automated this before at a company that used the database in
a very similar way.  You can dump out the email addresses into a text
file - and only the email addresses - one email address per line. Then
use the Mailman command-line commands to sync up the list with the text
file.

You can get the text file on a Linux box several ways: making direct
ODBC calls to the database, or having the server dump it out to the
Linux box running Samba.

I also scanned the unsubscribe's that came into the list and passed
those back in a text file for the admin to play with.

Good Luck - Jon Carnes
===