[Mailman-Users] Announcement\ Digest options

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Sun Oct 6 05:57:16 CEST 2002

On Sat, 2002-10-05 at 22:51, director at conticonti.com wrote:
> Jon,
>
> Can you give me examples of the command-line commands to keep the lists in
> sync or direct me to where I can find that information.

~mailman/bin/list_members <listname> - will dump out the email addresses
of a list

~mailman/bin/sync_members - can be used to sync the membership up with a
text file of email addresses.

> Also when you say a parallel list, I am assuming that I establish another
> mailing list which is just used for blasting. Is there no way to turn on and
> off this feature within mailman?

You can modify the trigger values for the digest blast and then send
your message.  You are forcing your folks to use digest mode when they
subscribe to the list (or are subscribed to the list by you) - thus they
will only get a digest from the list.

For the message to go immediately, it either has to go out as a digest
(with adjusted trigger so it happens right away), or you have to send
the message out via another list (or directly).