[Mailman-Users] Postfix / Mailman integration script

Glenn Sieb ges+lists at wingfoot.org
Mon Oct 7 02:47:32 CEST 2002

At 06:49 PM 10/6/2002 -0400, Jon Carnes posted the following...
>Postfix & Mailman integration
>May 29th 2002, 8:57 MST
>
>The Postfix mail server and the Mailman are both highly regarded and
>popular packages. This python script glues Postfix and Mailman together
>in a way so that a virtual domains such as lists.example.com can be
>defined and all deliveries are handed off to Mailman. The benefit of
>this is that it does not require the creation of ANY aliases.
>Installation and configuration instructions are comments inside the
>script.
>
>http://www.gurulabs.com/files/postfix-to-mailman.py

Interesting.. I've grabbed this, and have modified it for 2.1b3...

Some things I changed:

1) It was calling something called "env" in the shebang, which I had to put
/usr/local/bin/python (if anyone has a suggestion on this, I'm happy to
take it, of course... as I mentioned eariler, I am a fledgling programmer
here...)

2) I changed the types to:

     type = "post"
     types = (("-admin$", "admin"),
              ("-bounces$", "bounces"),
              ("-confirm$", "confirm"),
              ("-join$", "join"),
              ("-leave$", "leave"),
              ("-owner$", "owner"),
              ("-request$", "request"),
              ("-subscribe$", "subscribe"),
              ("-unsubscribe$", "unsubscribe"))

(I suppose I could get rid of the bounce() function, but I figured I'd keep
it in as a "catch all"...)

Just thought I'd share this.. :)

Thanks!
Glenn

---

---
The original portions of this message are the copyright of the author
(c)1998-2002 Glenn E. Sieb.    ICQ UIN: 300395    IRC Nick: Rainbear
"Religion is for those who do what they are told regardless of what is right.
Spirituality is for those who do what is right regardless of what
they are told." -- unattributed