[Mailman-Users] Password frustration - 2.1b3

G. Armour Van Horn vanhorn at whidbey.com
Wed Oct 9 10:19:22 CEST 2002

Barry hit the nail on the head regarding python2-devel being needed for RedHat
users. I installed that package and 2.1b3 compiled in just a few minutes, and
ran the first time. (Well, at least I can get to the admin interface.)

I went to setup a new list, ran newlist from the mailman/bin collection, and was
immediately able to connect to setup the normal minimal things. It accepted the
list password and the site password without problem, the frustration was how
often it accepted them. I would make a change, hit submit, and it wanted my
password to get back to the page. I click to another page, it wanted my
password. Make a change there, it wanted my password. This from the same
installation of Netscape 4.78 that has long been my default browser. It is not a
problem for Opera 6.05 or MSIE.

Okay, now I have sent the first test message, and it is returned to me with this
text:

Final-Recipient: rfc822; test at virtuoso.domainvanhorn.com
Action: failed
Diagnostic-Code: X-Postfix; Command died with status 1:
    "/home/mailman/mail/wrapper post test"

What does that mean?

Van

Sign up now for Quotes of the Day, a handful of quotations
on a theme delivered every morning.
Enlightenment! Daily, for free!
mailto:twisted at whidbey.com?subject=Subscribe_QOTD

For web hosting and maintenance,