[Mailman-Users] Silently discarding non-member posts

Mark Goodge mark at good-stuff.co.uk
Mon Oct 14 11:12:25 CEST 2002

Hi,

I run several mailing lists, all of which have posting restricted to
members only, some of which require approval for subscriptions and one of
which is moderated (requires posts to be approved). This means there are
quite a lot of administrative requests to be dealt with every day.

One thing that makes all this more awkward to deal with is the number of
non-member (spam) posts that end up in the admin queues waiting to be
discarded. As I only ever want to discard them, never forward them, approve
them or reply to them, I would prefer them to be silently dropped by
Mailman without them ever reaching the admin requests queue. However, I
can't find any way in the configs to do this. Am I missing something, or is
there an undocumented feature that will allow this? Or is it simply not
possible with Mailman? (in which case, I'm going to have to go back to
Majordomo, which does allow non-member posts to be silently discarded).

Thanks

Mark