[Mailman-Users] SMTP Problem

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Mon Oct 14 17:01:37 CEST 2002

You need to look at your mail transport logs and see where the error is
coming from.  I'm guessing that you tightened up the local servers
relaying (/etc/mail/access - for sendmail) and that you probably turned
off relaying for localhost.

If that is the case, then Mailman will only be able to deliver mail
locally (assuming you didn't deny access for local delivery!).

Try logging into the Mailman server and:
  su - mailman
  echo "test mail" | mail -s "Test Message" christian at mailibu-2002.de

I'll bet that does not get delivered.  If so, then you need to play with
your relay rules until it can be delivered.

Good Luck!