[Mailman-Users] i need instruction of mailman - advice to a newbie
jonc at nc.rr.com
Thu Oct 17 15:15:15 CEST 2002
If you have any specific questions, post them here.
Otherwise, you could read the FAQ:
> Mailman FAQ: http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py
> Searchable Archives: http://www.mail-archive.com/mailman-users%40python.org/
The basics are covered in the FAQ.
To create a new list:
- Login to the server running Mailman and run the command:
- This will ask you for the new lists name and the email
address of the administrator for the new list.
- It will then print out 4 lines (and some comments) that
you must copy into your systems /etc/aliases file
- Generally after that you run "newaliases" so that your
MTA (mail server) recognizes the new aliases.
- The list admin will receive a message detailing how to
access and modify the new list. That message will
contain a web link to the Web Admin interface as
well as the new lists email address.
You should create a test list and play with that. Once you have played
with the test list for awhile and played with the various configuration
settings, you will be a Mailman guru!
More information about the Mailman-Users