[Mailman-Users] Retrieving user passwords

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Fri Oct 18 18:26:09 CEST 2002

Check out the FAQ 1.5 entry (for running without passwords)

For a script to dump out the current passwords you can modify the one in FAQ

To just dump out the passwords without creating the htpassword list (used by
apache), comment out the line that begins with "htpasswd -b ... " and then
uncomment the next line that begins with "# echo $i ..."

You could write a small python program to open the database (config.db) and
blank out the passwords.  I don't believe anyone has done that yet - but it
would be quite easy to do.

Good Luck - Jon Carnes