[Mailman-Users] Moderator question - how to turn if off

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Tue Oct 22 21:57:09 CEST 2002

I'm guessing that you have assigned an alias that redirects to your list
(or someone else has).  Take a look at the header info next time and see
what the "TO: " address really is.  It's not the same as the actual
email address of the list.

You can use the web admin pages to add that name as an acceptable
alternative to your list address (acceptable as long as it appears in
the TO: or CC: fields.

If folks are sending notes and BCC:-ing your list, then you'll have to
further tweak the settings on your lists configuration, and make the
choice between allowing spam onto your lists or not having to approve
the messages.

Good Luck