[Mailman-Users] Not talking to Qmail?

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Thu Oct 24 22:09:11 CEST 2002

So all the mail sent to mailman lists is bouncing? but qmail doesn't
record any attempt by mailman to submit the messages?

Is Qmail listening on the localhost (127.0.0.1) interface?

  netstat -na |grep ":25 "

If you see a line like the one below, then that is okay:
   tcp     0     0 0.0.0.0:25      0.0.0.0:*       LISTEN

If not, then Qmail may not be accepting mail sent to the local host
interface.  This is the default used by Mailman.  To change this, you
would have to edit ~mailman/Mailman/mm_cfg.py and use the Defaults.py
file as an example of what to put in there.

Good Luck.