[Mailman-Users] mailman archives problem unsolved

Spam account spam at fisher.forestry.uga.edu
Tue Oct 29 16:40:47 CET 2002

I have followed the instructions in the Mailman FAQ, and have found
various postings in this list archive, but I still can't get my mailman
list archives working. Than is, I still have some type of permissions
configuration problem which gives me a forbidden error from apache.

On my Debian server, I have created a symbolic link:

pipermail -> /var/lib/mailman/archives/public

and have also added symbolic link permissions in httpd.conf:

<Location /var/lib/mailman/archives/public>
  Options FollowSymLinks
</Location>

That should do it right? But when I try and access

http://<myservername>/pipermail/<mylistname>

I get the forbidden error. Any idea what I may be missing?

TIA,
cjf