OFFTOPIC Re: [Mailman-Users] Archive URL in postings (2.1b3)

Nigel Metheringham Nigel.Metheringham at dev.InTechnology.co.uk
Tue Oct 29 17:55:29 CET 2002

On Tue, 2002-10-29 at 16:40, Chuq Von Rospach wrote:
> then your filters were set up wrong. You sohuld have been filtering on
> List-ID all along, since that's what it's there for. Filtering on
> to/from is incorrect, so saying we shouldn't break it is also incorrect.

Agreed.

However I find the addition of my delivery address into the To line
highly irritating (even more so if I use list specific delivery
addresses).  I'd far rather only see the list address, and any
pre-existing additional addresses, in the header To/Cc lines.  Seeing my
own address in a message header raises a mental flag that this message
was sent to me personally, and sincere as you are no doubt being Chuq, I
don't think you would consider the last batch of messages from you all
personally addressed to me :-)

If you want to put the real delivery address in the message put it in
the footer - some mail systems (hello sendmail) happily bugger around
with the header lines anyway so its not even a (completely) safe marker
of which account is subscribed to the list.

	Nigel.