[Mailman-Users] problems view archives (again you say)

James Quiring James at excitech.com.au
Wed Oct 30 13:23:27 CET 2002

I an running mailman on freebsd with apache and sendmail.  All works as
expected except that I cant view the archives for public lists (lists with
private archives work fine).

The error is the usuall 403 don't have permission to access
/pipermail/listname/

I have not errors logged in the httpd-error.log

my httpd.conf includes:

Alias	/pipermail/	"/usr/local/mailman/archives/public/"

</Directory 	"usr/local/mailman/archives/public">
	Allow overide none
	Options FollowSymLinks
</Directory>

and as I said - if I mark it as private it works.

uid and gid are mailman for files in the lists archive directory
apache runs as www

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards
James Quiring