[Mailman-Users] Virtual domains

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Wed Sep 4 06:25:41 CEST 2002

On Tue, 2002-09-03 at 23:55, Fuzzy wrote:

> Would I need a genericstable entry for each
> outbound alias?

yes.

> Would I need virtusertable entry
> for each inbound alias?

yes

> How would I make apache
> recognise the virtual domains for mailman?

For most people this is the easiest part.  Most folks falter on the mail
side of things, but have the web-pages working just fine.

Setup the virtual domains in the /etc/httpd/httpd.conf file and once
that is setup, Modify the list to use the virtual domain as its domain.
It's important that the virtual domain be setup first (before pointing
Mailman to use it) or you will not be able to use the admindb web-page
anymore (well you would have to replace the config.db with the backed-up
version for the list).

Good Luck Fuzzy!