[Mailman-Users] Group id Catch-22 after list move

Todd Green tag at cs.utah.edu
Mon Apr 7 01:36:52 CEST 2003

> owned and grouped by "mailman".  This latter is vitally important:
> Postfix runs the mail scripts with the owner and group of the aliases.db
> file.

I do not believe this is the case.  Postfix will execute commands via the
uid specified by "postconf default_privs" which is set to nobody if you
don't change it.  However the mailman script is setgid, so it will run with
an effective group of "mailman" (or whatever you set it to be via configure)
which is why I said that postfix should have been added to the mailman group
in the first place ;-)

Todd