[Mailman-Users] Upgrading from 1.1 to 2.1.x

Rafael Hinojosa rhinojo at sccs.swarthmore.edu
Wed Apr 9 04:26:03 CEST 2003

Hi everyone,

I've scoured the archives and checked the web.  I think I have an inkling
as to how this is done, but I figured I would ask the list to see if there
is anything specifc you all recommend.

The situation is that I have a server that is running mailman 1.1,
configured to work with postfix.  Besides some of its quirks, mailman
works great as far as we're concerned.

We would like to migrate the data to another server that would be running
the more recent version of mailman, 2.1.1.

I've tried just copying the data files, but that doesn't seem to work.

>From some of the archives, I gathered that I may need to update my current
install from 1.1 to 2.0.x and then try to migrate the data over to the new
server.  Both systems are running debian, so I believe that upgrading from
1.1 to 2.0.x should be too much of a problem.

I'm wondering if anyone has attempted this, or if anyone can offer any
suggestions as to how to make this work.

TIA,

--Raf

Rafael A. Hinojosa			rhinojo at sccs.swarthmore.edu