[Mailman-Users] qrunner dying

Kysh clfa at lapdragon.org
Tue Apr 29 17:22:29 CEST 2003

On Tue, Apr 29, 2003 at 09:00:42AM -0400, Jon Carnes wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-04-29 at 03:26, Kysh wrote:
>
> > When I run maimanctl start, qrunner only lasts about three seconds.
> >
> > (pid: 26436, sig: None, sts: 1, class: NewsRunner, slice: 1/1) [restarting]
> > Apr 29 00:21:08 2003 (26359) Qrunner NewsRunner reached maximum restart limit of 10, not restarting.
> >
> > I tried upping the maximum restart limit to an arbitrarily high number, but
> > qrunner just didn't really work at all.
> >
> > However, if I run /var/lib/mailman/bin/qrunner -r All, everything works great.
> What version of python are you running (and what OS)?  You've been
> upgrading and upgrading, I'm just curious to see if you've also kept up
> with the python.

Python 2.2.2 (#4, Oct 15 2002, 04:21:28)
I'm running Linux.

> So a "ps aux" doesn't show any qrunners as running?

It does for about three seconds until they all exit.

> What happens when
> you use the "-v" option on qrunner, do you get any helpful output
> (especially if you run them one at a time)?

No, nothing out of the ordinary.

> Is there anything useful in the log ~mailman/logs/qrunner

What I prepended above was /everything/ in that logfile from the invokation
of mailmanctl start to the death of qrunner.

Thanks for your time, btw. :>

-Kysh
--
|  'Life begins at 120kias' - http://www.lapdragon.org/flying  |