[Mailman-Users] qrunner with over 90% CPU

Paul H Byerly paul at thcwd.com
Mon Aug 11 04:09:57 CEST 2003

Jon Carnes wrote:
>Paul, I have never seen this on a sendmail install. Maybe your problem is
>a different one.

      Perhaps I miss read the issue.  Give that my runaway is Python I
suspect this is the case.  Sorry.

      I posted about my problem a while back, see
<http://www.mail-archive.com/mailman-users@python.org/msg18201.html>.   It
seems MM is a little over eager about retrying messages when sendmail (or
any MTA) reports a temporary failure. Richard said a change had been made
in the CVS, and wondered if a patch was available.

>what version of python are your running, and what is the OS?

Mailman 2.1.2
Redhat 7.1
Python 2.2.2

<>< Paul