[Mailman-Users] Listserv wide announcements?

Richard Barrett r.barrett at openinfo.co.uk
Tue Aug 12 16:33:46 CEST 2003

On Tuesday, August 12, 2003, at 03:10  pm, Bruce Mitzit wrote:

> Hello, MM users---
>
> After upgrading from mailman 2.0.9 to mailman-2.1.2, and tweaking all
> the things I could find to tweak, I still get this error emailed to me
> at the rate of about three a minute:
>
> Your "cron" job on urserver.uchicago.edu
> /usr/local/bin/python -S /usr/local/mailman/cron/qrunner

With Mailman 2.1.2 the qrunner is no longer run as a cron job.

The 2.1.2 qrunners are run as daemons started by the
$prefix/bin/mailmanctl script.

Looks like, maybe, you did not remove the mailman user's crontab before
doing the update and the old 2.0.9 crontab is still trying to do stuff.

Did you take a look at the section 'UPGRADING FROM 2.0.x to 2.1' in the
UPGRADING file in your MM 2.1.2 build director as part of your
tweakingy?