[Mailman-Users] disguising e-mail addresses in archive

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Tue Aug 19 20:10:59 CEST 2003

There are a couple, but none of them work great.  I have used a small 4
line script to hide the addresses in some archives.

IMO, the best method is to allow concerned users to sign up on a private
list to have their email addresses expunged from the archives (and
provide the alternative they want). Then you simply grep through the
archives directory for their exact email address and replace that with
the alternative. The "sed" command will do the job nicely