[Mailman-Users] Re: Overloaded with virus traffic

Daniel James daniel at linuxuser.co.uk
Thu Aug 21 15:02:58 CEST 2003

Hello again,

Someone with shell access has kindly deleted everything prefixed with:

heldmsg-<listname>

in ~mailman/data

and that has done the trick.

As a suggestion for a future version of Mailman, if there had been
options to show only the headers of the held mails and a button in
the web interface for 'set all to discard' it would have solved this
problem very neatly. Alternatively, there could be a preference to
set the default button behaviour to 'discard' instead of 'defer'.

Thanks again - Mailman is great. But I expect you all knew that...

Daniel James
News + Web Editor
LinuxUser & Developer
http://www.linuxuser.co.uk