RTFRM? (was Re: [Mailman-Users] Mailman on Panther???)

R. A. Hettinga rah at shipwright.com
Sun Dec 7 22:35:26 CET 2003

At 1:26 PM -0800 12/7/03, Paul Bertain wrote:
>It's not much consolation but Mac OS X Server has Mailman installed by
>default and is easy to setup from the Server Admin.app utility.

Right, and I get to pay around a grand for the privilege. :-). I'm managing
to muddle through. I'm saving my pennies for a dual G5 XServe, whenever
that happens. In the meantime, I've got a dual 2gig G5 sitting here warming
up my toes, so I figure it'll have to do. :-).

>As far as the afp548.com link, have you checked in the ~mailman
>(/Users/mailman) directory for a bin directory?  That's where the
>article shows the "data" directory should be.

Yup. And, now that I know what I'm supposed to look for, I'm reading the
README.POSTFIX file for good measure. Looks like I missed a few things. As
people here have noticed, Postfix and Mailman haven't been properly
introduced yet. (RTFRM? Naaaawwwwww...)

I'm plinking along on the punchlist here, if I get stuck again, or, better,
if I get it working, :-) I'll pop up here and tell you guys what happened.

Cheers,
RAH

--
44 Farquhar Street, Boston, MA 02131 USA